FANDOM


  • About Gotham Harbor, and a belated one from Gotham Airport... Gotham has had a harbor all the way since "On Leather Wings". Don't make an article listing just one appearance and including just a badly written play by play of what happened in that one episode. Do some research. A location history section should first and foremost have a description and history about the location, and only then who punched who where.

      Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: About Gotham Harbor, and a belated one from Gotham Airport... Gotham has had a harbor all the way since "On Leather Wings". Don't make an article listing just one appearance and including just a badly written play by play of what happened in that one episode. Do some research. A location history section should first and foremost have a description and history about the location, and only then who punched who where.

      Dear Tupka,

      I would have added information about the place if I could find some information, but there is no backstory for the Club 54 Level or the Gotham Airport, however. Did you know which page I could use as an example? I'm a little confused with that...

        Loading editor
    • You could write about the size, the rough location (if consistent), what kind of quays there are in the harbor, what destinations the airport has, that kind of stuff. It should be a brief overview.

      And it should be in English.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: You could write about the size, the rough location (if consistent), what kind of quays there are in the harbor, what destinations the airport has, that kind of stuff. It should be a brief overview.

      And it should be in English.

      Okay, it makes more sense. But a question: if that is the correct way to write about places, why the Rocker's article that I wrote was correct? It only said what happened at the club in "World's Finest", nothing more...

        Loading editor
    • Rocker's has, afaik, only one appearance.

      Also, what you wrote isn't necessarily correct. I don't have the time to correct everything you write.

        Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote: Rocker's has, afaik, only one appearance.

      Also, what you wrote isn't necessarily correct. I don't have the time to correct everything you write.

      Wll, I understand. Only the places that appear more than once need to be described completely. However, what I can put in Club 54 Level. I only know that J-Man's Jokerz attacked Terry and his classmates there, and as they never entered into the club, I didn't know how was the club's interior?

      Only the exterior....

        Loading editor
    • I removed the stuff from Club Level 54 because... well, seriously?

      "One night, while waiting in line to enter the club, Terry McGinnis along with his schoolmates and other people witnessed how a Jokerz gang arrived with their bikes at the club to cause trouble, starting with parking a motorcycle in Nelson Nash's car and hit Nash with a rubber chicken."

      That's one sentence, with so many pointless clauses any overall structure is lost.

      "However, when J-Man, the gang's leader, started to perform improper touching on McGinnis's grilfriend saying that it was only "tickles", McGinnis knocked J-Man against Nash's car and proceded to knock the other Jokerz out of their bikes."

      Again, poor composition.

      "However, when more Jokerz appeared, McGinnis stole one of their bikes and escaped from the club to be chased on the streets of Gotham City."

      Never start two sentences in a two with the same word. In poort style too. Though some style guides argue against it, "however" as an adverb can be used at the beginning of sentences. "However" as a conjunction should never be used to open a sentence. But you don't use it for either of those. You just throw it in. The sentences would work way better without "However". And split into two.

      Just because there's no interior or history to describe, doesn't mean any poorly written text is acceptable.

      Something along thes lines would be way better

      "The club [the topic of the page and only thing important here so lead with it] was the scene of a fight between Terry McGinnis and a group of Jokerz led by J-Man. The Jokerz had been harrassing guests waiting to get in, including Nelson Nash, Terry and his girlfriend Dana. As Terry soon found himself outnumbered, he was forced to flee the scene."

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.