In a parallel universe, Lex Luthor was the President of The United States.
Lex Luthor's history was presumably exactly the same as his mainstream counterpart until he succeeded in becoming President of The United States. After his success at being appointed to office, Luthor executed the Flash and set into motion events capable of causing an all-out war so devastating, it could destroy the entire planet. In retaliation, Flash's teammates attacked the White House. While Batman and Wonder Woman held off the Secret Service, Superman went straight for Luthor in the Oval Office. Inside, Luthor had become unstable, frantically attempting to gather papers and documents into a suitcase while rambling that "they couldn't see the beauty of [his] plans" for the world.
As soon as Superman burst through the doors, Luthor mocked him that it was the fault of the people for putting him in the Presidency and that they brought what was happening upon themselves. Luthor then revealed a button hidden in his desk that could instigate nuclear war. He hesitated to see what Superman was going to do next. Luthor knew that Superman stopping him would require nothing short of killing him. He further mocked Superman, proclaiming him as his "greatest accomplice" due to Superman's reluctance to finish him because of the love of the public. Luthor's words hit Superman so hard that he decided that if all this meant his enemy would get away with his schemes, he was done being a hero. At this, Superman's eyes glowed red much to Luthor's shock and he incinerated him with his heat vision, killing the President.
Two years later, the Justice League had obtained a security video of President Luthor's death after the tape later made its way into Project Cadmus's possession which was later viewed by Question and Huntress when they stole it, making Question falsely believe that their world was destined to repeat the same mistakes if Luthor became President, which caused him to attempt to kill him.
- "The Doomsday Sanction" (Mentioned Only)
- "Question Authority" (video recording)
- "Flashpoint" (Mentioned Only)
- "Divided We Fall" (Mentioned Only)
- Berkowitz, Stan (writer) & Riba, Dan (director) (November 1, 2003). "A Better World, Part I". Justice League. Season 2. Episode 11 (airdate). Episode 37 (production). Cartoon Network.
- McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Riba, Dan (director) (June 25, 2005). "Question Authority". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 22 (airdate). Episode 22 (production). Cartoon Network.
- McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director) (July 16, 2005). "Divided We Fall". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 25 (airdate). Episode 25 (production). Cartoon Network.