|Static Shock episode|
|Airdate:||February 10, 2001|
|Animation Services by:||Koko Enterprise Co., LTD.|
|Written by:||Dwayne McDuffie|
|Directed by:||James Tucker|
|Episode images (2)|
"Junior" is the eleventh episode of Static Shock. It first aired on February 10, 2001.
Edwin Alva opens a wing to the Freeman Community Center. Alva's son, Edwin Junior, tries to get his father's attention, but is repeatedly ignored and scolded. Junior tries to help his father by telling him he's figured out the properties of the serum that created the metahumans, but his father refuses to listen. Angered by this, Junior uses the serum to become Omnifarious. He controls and chooses his mutations, and uses this ability to destroy his father's shipping businesses and warehouses. When Static tries to stop him, he recognizes him as Alva's son. Alva uses his powers to learn Static's identity, and threatens to tell everyone if Virgil tries to stop him again. Static goes to Alva Sr. and tells him his son is destroying his company. Alva confronts his son, then orders his guards to try and stop him. They try to kill him and Alva Sr. can't stop them. Static saves Omnifarious, who confronts his father again, but he still won't listen to his son. Omnifarious uses all of the meta gas at once to try to bring his father down, but mutates out of control, only to solidify himself to stone.
Home video releases
- When Edwin Jr./Omnifarious is confronted by his father and uses the gas to buff his body up to hulking proportions, his face looks like that of his father, returning to his usual features in the next shot.
- When the camera moves to face Edwin Jr./Omnifarious, when he is turned into stone at the end of the episode, the scenery moves the wrong way.
- When Edwin Jr./Omnifarious uses the gas for the last time, he takes off the gas packed "belt" and crushes it in his hands. However, when he turns to stone, the "belt" is still on him.
- The Bang Baby gas is referred to as "Quantum Vapor", a reference to the comic books where the mutations were caused by "Quantum Juice", a liquid mutagen.
- This episode marks the first time a villain has learned Static's secret identity.
| Previously produced episode:|
"Sons of the Fathers"
| Episodes of|
| Next produced episode:|
"Winds of Change"
| Previously aired episode:|
"Bent Out of Shape"
| Next aired episode:|