GothCorp Inc. was a company that was located in Gotham City.
It billed itself as "The People Company", a title which was especially espoused by its CEO, Ferris Boyle, which belied his true corrupt nature.
One of GothCorp's employees, Victor Fries, pursued a project to develop cryogenic freezing technology. That was not only done for the company's sake: Fries hoped to preserve (and eventually cure) his terminally ill wife, Nora Fries. Just as Fries made progress, however, and even having successfully put his Nora in suspended animation, Boyle decided that the project had taken too much of the company's resources, and attempted to pull the plug. Determined to save Nora, Fries tried to stop him; in the ensuing struggle, the lab was destroyed. Fries was bathed in some of its chemicals and was presumed dead.
Fries later resurfaced as Mister Freeze, who was determined take his revenge on Boyle. He launched a series of raids on GothCorp facilities, stole several pieces of hardware that, put together, could be modified into what amounted to a gigantic freezing cannon. Batman was ultimately able to thwart his attempt, subdued Freeze, and saved Boyle's life. However, Batman's own investigation into the incident led him to the shocking facts of Boyle's betrayal, which he presented to Summer Gleeson. Boyle was presumably arrested and removed from his position at GothCorp.
GothCorp carried on without Boyle and Bruce Wayne became a major shareholder. Years later, a technician at GothCorp, who specialized in sonic technology, was murdered by The Joker. That was only the first step in an even more hideous plot which was stopped by Batman before it came to fruition.
- "Holiday Knights" (Mentioned Only)
- "Girl's Night Out" (Mentioned Only)
- "Judgment Day" (Mentioned Only)
- ↑ Dini, Paul (writer) & Timm, Bruce W. (director) (September 7, 1992). "Heart of Ice". Batman: The Animated Series. Season 1. Episode 3 (airdate). Episode 14 (production). FOX Kids.
- ↑ Dini, Paul, Timm, Bruce W. (story) & Dini, Paul (teleplay) & Altieri, Kevin (director) (November 26, 1994). "Deep Freeze". The Adventures of Batman & Robin. Season 3. Episode 10 (airdate). Episode 84 (production). FOX Kids.
- ↑ Kirkland, B., Rogel, R. (Producers), & Kirkland, B. (Director). (1998). Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero. United States: Warner Bros. Animation.
- ↑ Dini, Paul (writer) & Riba, Dan (director) (September 13, 1997). "Holiday Knights". The New Batman Adventures. Episode 1 (airdate). Episode 1 (production). Season 1. Kids WB!.