"Future Shock" is the fourth season premiere of Static Shock.
After helping Batman stop a criminal in control of a time machine, Static is accidentally transported forty years into the future—arriving just in time to help Terry McGinnis stop the evil Kobra cult from killing one of the world's greatest heroes, the older Static himself.
- Batman says that Robin is a civilian, meaning that this episode takes place after Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
- Wonder Woman is mentioned to still be an active member of the Justice League in the 2040s.
- The officers of the Gotham Police Department wear Dakota PD uniforms rather than their own grey and blue.
- Coe leads Batman and Static into the Jokerz lair, but when the view pans over the waiting Jokerz, Coe is seen in the background.
- Terry has trouble remembering the name of the answering machine, calling them "those things people used to have". However, it has been shown in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker that the answering machine is still in use in the 2040s.
- When Static starts to tell Batman about his future self, Batman replies "I'd rather not know". He later finds out on his own time traveling adventure on the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped".
|Phil LaMarr|| Static/Virgil Hawkins|
|Jason Marsden|| Gear/Richie Foley|
|Kevin Conroy||Batman/Bruce Wayne|
|Will Friedle|| Batman/Terry McGinnis|
|Marc Worden|| Jokerz Gang Member|
Answering machine (uncredited)
|Lance Henriksen||Kobra Leader|
Robin: He learned science from Nobel laureates, martial arts from kung fu masters, and manners from a crocodile.
Static: Isn't there anyone else who could help us? What about Robin?
Virgil: They're just a bunch of clowns, that's all. (ducks a pie thrown by Spike) See? Just a bunch of- (cringes in horror when he sees the "pie" melt through the pillar it hit)