- You may also be looking for the actress Dakota Fanning.
Dakota is an American city, the home of Static.
Located in the Midwestern United States, Dakota lies on the shore of Lake Dakota and west of the High Hills. The city was home to several chemical companies, such as Alva Industries and Ashton Biotechnics, and also had a vibrant music industry.
It was also a city of social unrest and tensions. Things escalated twice, first in the infamous riots and later with the Big Bang. The latter event gave the city countless metahumans, which caused crime rates to spike.
The Dakota Destroyers were the city's professional basketball team.
- Dakota Union High School: A public high school in the city. Virgil and his friends are students here.
- Vanmoor Institute: Private school for genius students. Virgil first meets Specs and Trapper here, along with Daisy Watkins.
- Freeman Community Center: A local community center. Robert Hawkins works here.
- Dakota Mall: A major indoor shopping center. Static first encounters Replay and Permafrost there, along with his final confrontation with Dwayne McCall and Aron Price.
- Abandoned Gas Station of Solitude: An abandoned gas station. Virgil and Richie use it as their headquarters.
- Dakota Subway: An abandoned network of subway tunnels. It serves as the initial hideout of the Meta-Breed.
- Burger Fool: A popular fast food chain.
- Get Your Grub On: A popular restaurant chain.
- Dakota Hills: A private neighborhood for upper-class residents of the city.
- Dakota Sports Center: An indoor basketball arena, and the home of the Dakota Destroyers. It also hosts a local auto show. Static has his final fight with Boom here and his first encounter with Tamara Lawrence.
- Dakota Downs: A local racetrack for horse racing. Static and Rubberband Man first battle Aquamaria here.
- "Zeta" (Mentioned Only)