|This article is written from the Real World perspective|
Clancy Brown (born January 5, 1959 in Urbana, Ohio) is an American film and television actor, most prominent in the DCAU for voicing Lex Luthor on Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
With an imposing height of 6 ft 3½ in tall (1.92 m) and his characteristic deep voice, Clancy Brown is often typecast in villain roles, and has gained a cult following for playing such villains as: the immortal Kurgan in the first Highlander film; Captain Byron Hadley in The Shawshank Redemption, and Rawhide in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension. Other memorable film roles include Viking Lofgren in the 1983 hit drama movie Bad Boys, and Career Sergeant Zim in Starship Troopers.
Brown has also had many guest appearances on various television shows including Star Trek: Enterprise and ER. He also had a recent appearance on Lost as Kelvin Inman, an American officer during Desert Storm, and former baseball player (and investment scam mark) Rudy Blue on The Riches.
Starring roles include John Danzinger on Earth 2 and the sinister preacher Brother Justin Crowe for HBO's Carnivàle.
Other Voice Work
Outside of the DCAU, Brown is probably most recognizable as the voice of restaurant owner Eugene H. Krabs on Nickelodeon's SpongeBob Squarepants. Other animated roles include Raiden in Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm; various dragons in Spyro the Dragon; the aggressive alien villain Gorrath in Megas XLR; and the Viking chieftain Hakon and his stuntman descendant Wolf on Disney's Gargoyles.
He has also lent his distinctive voice to a number of video game characters, including the corrupt Baron Praxis in the video game Jak II, the psychopathic Doctor Neo Cortex and destructive Uka Uka in a number of the Crash Bandicoot video games (until he was replaced by Lex Lang and Alex Fernandez/John DiMaggio), and conniving alderman Richard Hughes in Saints Row. Brown was also the voice of Thrall in the canceled video game Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans and Savage Oppress in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
- Clancy Brown originally auditioned for the part of Superman on Superman: The Animated Series which ended up going to Tim Daly.
- For a number of non-DCAU productions, Brown reprised his role as Lex Luthor in the last season opener of the series The Batman, the movie adaption Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, the series Batman: The Brave and the Bold (as the evil genius/maniac Rohtul), and several video games.
- List of DCAU voice actors in Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- List of DCAU voice actors in DC Universe Animated Original Movies
- List of DCAU voice actors in Green Lantern: The Animated Series
- List of DCAU voice actors in The Batman
- List of DCAU voice actors in Teen Titans
- List of DCAU voice actors in Young Justice
- List of live-action crossovers